Thursday, July 1, 2010

updates- books & baby-inside-me

Books
I’ve finished this very funny sci-fi romance book recently. The book was loaned from Johanna, after I told her that I love Kingdom of Dreams sebab it was hilariously romantic. So, she gave me ‘Warrior’s Woman’ by Johanna Lindsey. Like always- this is an old book…

It was hard at first to read the book sebab at first (taking a quote from before…) I have difficulty visioning characters that are not in this era, let alone another planet.. hahahah but fortunately it wasn’t anything extra ordinaire like Avatar- the characters. They were human. The heroine a futuristic warrior and the hero a powerful and strong barbarian warrior… (and.. wealthy of course!) basically they found, fight and fell in love with each other. But the differences between the 2 worlds are definitely kelakar! Although, I don’t think this is suitable for unmarried (and young) ladies to read it as I personally would label the book as a bit of lucah. Kire macam Scary Movie. Funny as hell, but censored in a whole.  However, its not empty lucah. There is a story line behind it and I like it. No big conflict to play around with your emotions but… hmm… I better not say. What I can say is that.. the mild hatred is understandable and felt.

I don’t think I’ll be reading a lot of those any time soon. I think.

I love the female characters here, especially Martha- the free thinker computer. Kire, computer yg ade fikiran sendiri. The heroine- Tedra, I like her sebab she is untouched and knowledgeable. Not 100% submissive, but will submit with a reason and principle. The hero- I don’t seem to love him sebab afterall, he IS a barbarian- sort of. Johanna Lindsey didn’t try to make him look intelligent.. just plain very handsome and strong. Towards the end, when he poured his love to Tedra (when he thought Tedra was dying…) Nampak la ok sket. Menganggu I sket la bile the hero seemed less intelligent than the heroine. Yeah, call me conservative, lame whatever. But I personally feel that man with much more knowledge than his woman is sexy. (hik hik… I memang depend on ikan for most of my extra knowledge seeking- world affairs, politics, entertainment, medicines, food, agama.. sometimes, even my line of work. hehehe- what can I say. I see my ikan very sexy. Hehehe) btw, I think most of my friends (and you guys too…) feel the same way too. Kan?

Ooo.. btw, I once told ikan that women loves being dominated by men, don’t we not? I have a friend where long time ago, she parted with her then boyfriend because he was too of a yes-man. She end up marrying a guy, nampak cam garang tapi tampak loving and he really suit her. And all along, I thought that most woman prefer a guy that will do her bidding and stuff. Hehehe. Well, kalau ada pun pompuan cam tu, me and most of those I know does not fall in that category.

Baby-inside-me
What can I say? Or do for that matter. Im still having my C. and hating every minute of it, especially after a meal. A meal that I must and want to take tapi cant enjoy it much sebab perut and bonts x sedap.

I met with a GP and she sucked like hell. Nak jumpe gynae, I have to wait until next Tuesday for my monthly check up sbb Tuesday je die ade clinic malam. Gishh… (and, napa aku x gi last Tuesday? Because her schedule was full lah! That’s why…). But in the meantime, I’m indulging myself with masam orange juice, strawberries.. pisang x jalan. Prunes and figs aku x makan. I need something realy bad! Just to let the current ones released. Waduuhhhhh sungguh la x comfortable!

As for the baby, waaahhhh at 5 months, she is really active. Which I am very ever grateful. She’s about 10 inch now, from what I read… belum beli apa2 lagi for her. Since x 100% confirm lagi whether her or him. But for what’s it worth (sebenarnye x nak kasi harapan…) I’ll keep on calling her.. (surprisingly, if it’s a girl, da ada nama.. kalau boy, x kompem lagi.. heheh finalized je). Anyway… she is very active at night especially. But she’s silent like an adorable sporting child when im with ikan. She kicks when her sister- aqish wishes to feel her move.. how lovely. Macam aqish bakal gang up with the baby je.. lawan busyra. Hahahahah.

Best la pregnant. In these times of course… masa morning sickness and the 3rd trimester tu, I don’t think a lot of woman feels this. Kak long and me are few of them. Kak long is in her 1st trimester, which means all the complaints, morning sickness yg dragged to malam sickness, moody, annoyance, sleepy and fatigue giler.. heheheh. I remembered I uttered some ungrateful and selfish words last trimester. I hope Allah x take me seriously. I LOVE BEING PREGNANT.  

To all preggies out there. What a wonderful world we live in ain’t it?


No comments: