Monday, July 12, 2010

projects for my July~

So.. I have this plan.. sort of. Tang where to find the time to do it lain kira.. although I plan to at least accomplish them by end the month…

 

Plan 1- (jangan gelak!) Apam gula hangus

Last week or was it last 2 weeks.. nevermind… I bought this apam gula hangus from Kak Intan- the same nasi goreng/ nasi lemak  Kak Intan, and rather than my usual additional of kuih kasui and cucuq badak, I took this apam gula hangus. I don’t know why… but I was never attracted to this kuih before (ok, ikan will say that I never try anything that is out from my ordinary yeah yeah..what ever darling!). but I guess I was in my ‘trying’ mood and took it. Waahh. I liked it! Heheh gediknye!

Anyway, I plan to search for the simplest yet yummiest recipe of the thing within this week, and hopefully make ‘em before ikan goes off next week. Chewahhhh berangan! Hope its easy to make.

 

Plan 2- Sosej balut roti

Cam teringin nak kasi this sort of makanan untuk bekal aqish. FYI, aqish’s food is very simple. Eg- sossej KOSONG, nasi putih/ nasi lemak KOSONG, ayam goreng SAJA, nugget etc.

So, I would like to make it a bit more fun by preparing her sausage rolls ke.. and also, I used to like it.. might like it again, kalau home made… hmm..

Ikan is with me on this. He’s very terre in terms of bakings and breads etc.

 

Plan 3- Books: Another 2 of my last JM- Remember When & Once and Always

Since ikan is going outstation for the whole next week, I think I’ll read them next week lah. Occupying my lonely nights ahahahahahahah gedik lagi!

I’ll buy them tomorrow. There. Settle part 1.

 

Plan 4- Books: Baca buku-novel melayu

I must say.. this gives me the goosebumps. I am not trying to be berlagak atau poyo dgn not wanting to read malay books, cume kurang exposure and pengaruh kot.

Well, I took a gamble last Friday (book fair by Utusan Publishing rasanya…) at Hg Tuah monorail lagi.. and bought ‘Kasih tak terungkap’. I hope it does not disappoint me.

I’ve read malay novels during kat SMAP dulu, kire satu zaman kitorng baca JM and Sidney Sheldon dulu aa… some are great, some (and most of them) disappointing. Few things that bug me were:

  • Jalan cerita suam2..
  • Not so much of a HEA ending. Selalu ade je melibatkan orang baik yang mati.
  • Toooo poetic. Kekadang I cant grasp the story sebab ayat bunga2 giler.. some of the words I don’t understand. In English, you can google.. kalau malay.. eh.. leh ke?
  • Some principles of the characters tu goes against my own. Kalau mat Salleh, I don’t mind sgt sbb its their culture. Lantaklah. Contohnye, kalau la the hero and heroine beriye ikutkan cinta, belakangkan their parents.. automatically I have a negative perception towards the malay characters. No matter how in love they are. I know, I know.. these are fictions.. but still…

 

Well, enough of that. I haven’t had a lot of exposure yet and I’m thinking about all this.

Anyway, the book is 702 pages. Hope to finish it by this week. X leh spill to next week! Hehehe got other plans, as mentioned ;)  

 

Ok. Cukup 4 projects for the rest of my July. Wish me luck!

 

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck...
I'll buy u another JM book if u succeed..
Up 4 it??

aisyah said...

too late. i've bought em (the last 2) today. why dont you buy me the first book for my new addictive author? hmm.... ;)