Wednesday, June 2, 2010

of my emotional roller coaster- balme it on the pregnancy hormones

To my own embarrassment, yes, I am declaring to everyone reading on my current emotional state.

 

I am helplessly in a romantic mood since the week I found out I was pregnant. Betul, x tipu. Adding to the JM books I’ve been reading, bertambah lah lagi mood romantic and hopelessly in love (cam rase time courting2 dulu…) with my ikan.

 

Anyway, to blurt out everything might embarrass me (and ikan) a lot more, I’ll go straight to the point why I am eager to write today.

 

oo… sebelum tu, a bit of background from our courting days… to cut a long story short, our song during those days (and sampai sekarang-) is Wonderful Tonight, by Eric Clapton.

 

Anyway, during ikan’s family day at Agrotek last weekend, we were having our dinner and suddenly the Song was on. Aduhhhh, what a feeling that night! (plus the fact that I’m in this oh-so-romantic mood).

 

When we returned home, I insisted ikan to download the song as I didn’t want the mood to be over. And it brought back sweet memories from the past. Hehehehh.. gile lame!

 

So, here I am listening to Wonderful Tonight in the office, dah la tengah sangap nak buat keje.. heheh. So, like what I did with JM books, I googled for the story behind it. Shameful of me sebab baru la ni nak study our song. Anyway, back to the story I want to tell you about. During my search, I found out about the muse of the song- Pattie Boyd. And I started to read about her. And now how I feel JM shud write a story on her. Hehehe lame, lame… but, honestly, I truly feel that the story of Pattie Boyd is a beautiful love story.

 

The strong love for her 1st husband- George Harrison and her passionate affair and subsequently her matrimonial commitment to Eric Clapton. How Eric loved her and to my personal opinion, screwed his own life because of that love. Kesian yg sangat to Pattie that she had fertility problems that ended her marriage with eric and aku x suka Eric Clapton sebab he was soo screwed that he eventually screwed her life too. Tapi, at the end, I still think they somehow still love each other and it would be nice if the screwed eric can apologize to her and get back together. He obviously loved her.

 

Tapi, reading what I read, I felt sorry for Pattie that it looks as though ‘some’ were blaming her or in a more polite way of saying that all the wreckage she faced was because of her.

 

1-       the break up of her marriage to her 1st husband. She loved him so much she said. But he later got so fascinated by the mystic religion, some hindu related religion that, made him changed during the course of their marriage. Apart from idolizing Krishna ke sapa ntah yang ade banyak concubines- that led him to a lot of adulteries, I guess.. But, what I pitied her is because SHE was the one who introduced him to the Mahayeshi something..

 

2-       this is pulak my very personal opinion, that she made Eric the way he is right now- the screwed eric. He didn’t get involved in heroin when he met Pattie. He was still straight when he flirt with her (while she was still married to George), and when he wrote Layla. He did however, threatened her that if she doesn’t leave her husband for him (actually, time ni, derang xde affair pun lagi. Eric flirting like mad je…) that he will resort to heroin. And, she blew him off. And, he took the heroin and 3 years after that kot baru la she left the husband for sleeping with one of her bestest friend, to later moving in with eric. Tapi, to me, it was maybe too late sebab he is already being destroyed by the heroin and all.

 

I believe she is a very strong woman.

 

I’m gonna try and look for her book- Wonderful Today- George, Eric and Me. I know it’s a wonderful story. (p.s. aku suka tul ketinggalan zaman pasal books nih. Her book came out in 2007 :P)

 

  

No comments: