Friday, June 18, 2010

JM lagi. and cuti sekolah bebudak nih.

So… I bought another 2 JM.. Something Wonderful and Almost Heaven last week. So much for ‘I want to stay away from bookstore—and I’m only going to continue my phase 2 next month… konnonn!’

 

Anyway, review for those books (to be fair as I did with the phase 1 JMs…) :p,

 

1-       Double Standard

Like I told you, I read this book because Judith said that it was based on a true story of her father. Ade sorang minah yg hampeh dalam the book (how hampeh? She-a wealthy girl abandoned her own son (of with an average guy) and later buat dek, some more made him as he was her enemy when she remarried a wealthy guy even though the boy is soo cute and tried to ‘bribe’ her into coming back for him buy buying her an expensive gift (from his allowances- when he was 5!). In stead of even showing gratitude, she shoved the gift away to her maid. The boy had grown up never to ever buy a present to single female ever. That boy, was Judith McNaught’s father. Sedih gile! The story was actually about a love affair of the boy (now a guy definitely- a very handsome and successful one that is, naturally…). The story- It was too over the top to me tapi hell, loved the book! A bit of humor especially when Nicky made him absent from a supposedly very important international trade meeting because of Lauren. Twice! That was funny. And lovely ending, like always.

 

2-       Kingdom of Dreams

A VERY FUNNY ROMANCE story! Nasib baik the book is thin so, I hadn’t had to sleep at 4am for this book… but it was such a nice love story. Honestly, as for now, Royce is my bestest male character ever. Baik and loving giler. Not to mentioned loyal and forgiving. Hehehe.. I read this book don’t know how many times after finishing it the first time. Sangat light and entertaining. Definitely my most favorite historical- medieval novel. I don’t think I’ll be bored of this one. I love the humor but there’s sadness and patriotism too, all of them shook my emotions. Not to the terrible extent like WML and Perfect but almost to that level, which I prefer actually.

 

3-       Almost Heaven

What a sad story. Aku tak tahan ngan kehidupan minah heroine nih. I am definitely not as strong as her. I cant even imagine I am slightly to have her kind of spirit, courage, and forgiveness. And I hate the male character- Ian Thornton. Aku rase I see me more as Alex in this book- mind you I haven’t read Something Wonderful yet. The tragedies- gile aa! Menyampah ade la aku ngan cerita buku nih because of turbulence of emotions it granted me, even if a good ending. Ok lah, ok lah! I liked the book- proof is because that I just finished it on Wednesday and I already had re-read it twice! Hehehe only part yg best je. Yg happy2 je. Yg bab marah2 and ‘bodohnye-bodohnye Ian!’ I skipped. I really don’t like Ian Thornton. However, I did read and read the reconciliation part over and over again.. hahah just to wet my eyes! Tapi even so, rase nak lempang je si Ian tu. Bladi ignorant and kunon macho aa. Pastu cam perasan2 ayam. Pheh! Hehehe over excited plak! :P. not until the last reconciliation tu I finally inclined to forgive him, but not entirely 100%. Tahan climax kunon nak minta maaf. Piidaaaahh! Not everything is about sex u know! Hehehe emo lagi :P

 

Another book to read (kunonnye next month tu…) this weekend is Something Wonderful. Hopefully it’s a light story, even tho I doubt it much. The main characters- Jordan & Alex was mentioned (and played a big part jugakla…) in Almost Heaven. So, I guess you should read SW before AH.

 

CERITA CUTI SEKOLAH

Kesian my kids that me and ikan didn’t managed to take even as much as 1 day leave for the school holiday. Initial plan was that the kids balik kedah seminggu and balik seremban seminggu. Camne ntah x jadi… lagipun, one weekend, org2 seremban gi Singapore, so we decided we’re gonna hang around at Sunway… lagipun, ade voucher dok kat Sunway Suites. Ok lah. I expected worst, it turned out to be a very delightful stay! Nyeh nyeh..

 

On Saturday, we went to Sunway Lagoon.. btw, busyra was having fever since Monday actually and ikan hesitated in letting her play in the sun and pool. Busyra, kalau demam sangat panas and merisaukan… (says all parents with high fever kids heheh). Tapi, sampai je kat pool area, Busyra la paling sakan skali kan? Dgn pampers masih di bontotnye itu, di gi terjun je masuk pool dalam! Nasib baik ade floaters kat lengan tu. And then, after we had tired ourself at the other 2 parks- baru la sedar yg si Busyra kecik nih telah sembuh dr her fever! Gish adik! You needed excitement and fresh air rupanye! Hehehe

Aqish seemed to have fun too.. even towards the end die da lemah gemalai dah. By the time nak dinner she was a bit cranky.. and she had Rocky (yg choclate batang2 tu..) for her dinner. Walhal, adik siap makan macam2 lagi. Nasik la, fries la, sotong  & mushroom tepung la, abih dish lat manhattan FM, adik makan half of mama’s (corrected: memang beli ut kadik sebenarnye…) classic cinnabon. Hebat x anak mama yg sorang nih? Heheheh tu x kire dah kasi susu kat kedai makan tadi tu. Hahahah busyra busyra! U’re soo kiut.

Sunway Pyramid tu die buat cam playground die plak tu.. sukati je nak jalan sensorang kat depan.

Cume, sian aqish pulak sebab she had picked up some fever that night and the day after. Sib baik kakak nih rajin makan ubat. Cepat je sembuh. J

 

Nak letak gambar but dalam phone ikan. So.. Nampak gayanya memang x dapat lah nak upload… L

 

 

 

No comments: