Thursday, May 10, 2012

my 'old' issue... again

ok, ok. for those who reads my post from a year back or so.. you would already know i dread being old.
and later i uhm... guess supposedly resigned to the notion.

well.. my resignation was with condition, actually. heh :p

i know i am no longer young. even though i favor most songs on 'we are young, forever young etc etc..' you get my drift.
but i separate myself from those kakak2 abang2 and encik2 (mid forties with kids in secondary schools)
to me they labeled as *sheepishly* uhm.. older generation.. (c'mon! i was born in 1980! still counts as gen-y kan?)

anyway, i am at peace (if not slightly disturbed) when a 10 year old calls me auntie/ achik. (actually, i almost strayed my cycling route when this boy hailed to me 'hi auntie!') but after recovering, yes, i managed to gesture a peace sign to him.. albeit not straight away :p

i, however, sangat terkedu when my neighbour's kid of ~14yo calls me 'hi achik'.

whoa? did that just happened?
(me and ikan were playing badminton and i honestly missed ikan's shuttlecock, and an easy one at that!)

i  know logically the boy should call me this. his younger sisters calls me achik too. nope, dont mind a'tall. but his younger sisters are ~aqish's age.

sekali lagi i was being knocked to senses. another sign to get the ibadah kicking!

No comments: