Tuesday, March 13, 2012

on receiving good deeds.

a mildly serious post.

being honest here, how well do you receive compliments or offers of good deeds?

are you the sort of those who rejects the offering of good deeds/ compliments by default?- 'oh, takpelah, terima kasih', 'mana ada cantik, xde lah', 'haha, yelah tu'...

or do you take the perasan way out- 'oh, ofkos aku cantek', 'tengok oranglah'...

or do you take it gratefully and maybe, offer the same to the person offering.- 'oh well, thank you. you look pretty yourself', 'thank you, you are so kind'...

i was 'discussing' this with ikan on our way to the bank yesterday and i told him that i once was the first sort of people. that is, when people offers something to me out of kindness, i reject it automatically, without even analysing whether it will help me or not. i will repudiate any compliments saying those 'mana ada' ladidas. why i do this i dont know but nowadays, i am trying to change my ways to be the third kind- the ones gratefully receiving compliments or offers of good deeds. it makes yourself happy and believe or not, it will make the person offering you the compliments and good deeds happy too.

so, back to the bank story.
we took 2 numbers, me and ikan but decided to cancel 'my' business. so, my number is now available (our number were 387 & 388 and had to wait ~an hour for our number to be called). so, when ikan went for his number, i noticed a couple sitting at the back- waiting of course. so i asked them, 'what number are you?' she showed me hers '392'. so i was like, 'do you want mine?' and before i can even finish up my sentence the woman smiled and shook her head. but, me being the deterrent me, i continued, 'ambiklah, saya tak jadi nak pakai'. LUCKILY the husband said 'oh, terima kasih.' and to his wife 'baguslah, lagi cepat dapat'.

lol! did you see? maybe this woman has her own reasons to reject my offer. but to me, instead of me throwing the number and have that whole 'people-twisting-their-heads-looking-out-for-who-has-the-number' issue, would it be better if someone uses my number? i wont feel guilty by taking the number in the first place and she will be able settle her business if not, 10 minutes earlier.

and, when they accepted my offer, i felt happy. if they didnt, i may felt embarassed, i think.

so, the conclusion is... give a thought or two before rejecting one offers. if it does not bring any harm, then why not?

No comments: