Wednesday, March 21, 2012

on being a matchmaker.

or make that meddlesome.

hahaha... i will let you in on one of my embarassments..

i was trying to matchmake my friend and a colleague of mine.
this friend, eventhough he is not that (read: Goddess) goodlooking (but not ugly either! Kire, oklah) and not having an impressive career resume (not yet, perhaps...), i still believe him to be quite the catch.
i mean, he does not smoke. he is a gentleman- never does dutch treat and treat women really good- maried and single ones, loves and respect his parents (that tells you something, there!) and humble, albeit sometimes vain too.. :p

oh, oh.. he is a chindian (eh, punjabi actually)

anyway, i have this colleague and i thought that they might suit. so i gave him her number (after she consent in giving- after she searched him in FB).. and i insisted him to call or text her.. in hopes that they might go out and perhaps if not being a couple, be acquaintances.

it turns out- she was not interested. (and from another, i found out that she's into looks! Oh! i have to add that they didnt even had one decent conversation through the phone, much less meet!

Anyway, when this happens, i feel bad. bad for him, actually.. for meddling in the first place and even worst, when i want him to meet my boss (also single- but purely to extend networks! heheh he has rich friends*!... and if (IF!) they hit it off... then why not...? hehehe) .. she also canceled due to work stuff (true)

ok, maybe.. i have a tinie minie agenda why i want my boss to meet him- so that she can see what my colleague is missing... (he has a sportscar...)


fuuhhh... i dont know about cars but i would think any girl would look lovely getting out from this one, eh?
oh well, maybe 'bukan jodoh' applies here too..

but i still feel bad. and it sux.. this feeling.. mainly guilt la kot?

oh why do i bother?????

updated: * rich friends here to imply potential clients- my boss is forever extending networks, esp HNW individuals due to her sales nature. not pimping here. and definitely not saying my boss prefer rich people as friends.
but.. this is not the point of story. so skip along if you have that in your mind. :p

2 comments:

Snuze said...

Aw ... You know, sometimes when people ask me why I'm not married yet, I shut them up by asking them to look for a candidate for me. Yup, works like a charm.

I thought it was pretty sweet of you to rec him to the girl. It's not your fault that things didn't work, but your heart is in the right place.

Just maybe not to be too enthusiastic next time, yeah? I know that you feel all kinds of awkward but that will pass.

*hugs*

aisyah said...

"Aw ... You know, sometimes when people ask me why I'm not married yet, I shut them up by asking them to look for a candidate for me. Yup, works like a charm."

oops.. was that supposed to shut me up? rather than getting ideas in my head?

thanks, snuze for the comfort. it was awfully awkward, that. lesson learnt!