Wednesday, August 10, 2011

books- guylit

I’ve been trying my hands on male authors.. uhm… you know what I mean. (dang, too much of Male thoughts corrupting me mind!! @$!#!!)

 

I tried a guylit book by Matt Dunn, and I guess, I mistakenly chose ‘Accidental Proposal’ for my first read.

And I was in a freakin’ badmood for the whole 2 weeks! (yes, it took me 2 freakin’ weeks to at last tap that red bar at the end of the ebook- no thanks, Kobo for your ‘easiness’ in cheating reading books!).

 

Anyway, to summarize what I endured- I HATE IT FULL STOP. Lame and boring giler. Sadly, there was once mentioned somewhere (quotes) that to know how men thinks, read Matt Dunn. I feel sorry for men if this is true. U guys sure have such complicated thoughts.. but you chose the most-not-what-women-would-prefer to be said out loud.

 

This guy (the hero in this book) reminds me of that ‘Marry Me’ song by Bruno Mars. Giler x romantic cara ko propose.. :p

This Edward, he thought his then girlfriend proposed to him, and he assumed he’s engaged, got the ring bla bla bla…but never ever ever had the decency to really confront his ‘fiance’ on his doubt. Stooooopid. And there were other doubts too.. semua wasn’t confronted. At the end, most of his doubts were cleared by his fiance’s admission, not because he asked, tho! Stooooopid lagi.

 

And whats with this hero being so thick headed- selalu salah tafsir? C’mon!!

And not trusting his fiancé? I hope not all men (especially ikan) are not like si Edward nih. You have doubts, honey, you come and ask me point blank.

 

Ke, is this how men view their world? Dang menyedihkan dan menghampakan. I soooo much prefer female chic lit and romance authors. Imagination and women fantasy thumbs up. J

 

 

No comments: