Thursday, May 13, 2010

hooked with books

I bought a Judith mcnaught book last 2 weeks, during this book fair at hg tuah station. The purpose was only to fill up my time waiting and staring at people during the commute between sg besi to work.

 

I must say, I really loved the book- night whispers. Memula tu, I was not so addicted as it was about a woman cop. Huh? Seriously? But I turned out really really nice. Addictive nice. Lantas, after finishing the book (sambil berangan-angan ade sequel or any sort of continuance of the characters somewhere), I immediately bought another book by JM. Her books are beautiful. Romantic, and not those boring meaningless romantic. Suspense pun ade..  so, I kononnye carefully choose my next addictive JM book. I bought Until You. Hahahah, I wasn’t prepared that the book I bought was a historical romance. Aku adalah payah nak membayangkan the characters in the 17th century. I called chot for her help, kot2 she has better JM books, as good as night whisper. Memula tu, I didn’t understand when she asked me, ‘ko nak yang historical ke apa?” aku cam huh? Oooo mungkin JM ni da tulis lama gile and her books are considered historical. Hahahaah Aisyah memang x tau okeh?

 

Anyway, after terpakse reading Until You, which was getting to be interesting tapi my mind was still thinking about Noah Maitland and Sloan Reynolds, tetibe Johanna tegur while I was reading. Turned out she was a true fan of JM and she poured me all of her thoughts. Lantas membuatkan aku terpengaruh. That afternoon, right before lunch time finished (around 1.50pm), aku dah sangat x tahan to go buy the books she recommended. 5 semuanya. Hahah aku buat keje gile and turun jap to MPH crowne plaza to get the books. Malangs sekali, paradise xde, so, I bought the other 4. waaaahhhhhh puas beb!

 

And now im addicted to my 2nd book. My LRT travel seemed to be too short. Susah to put down the book. But, what a feeling. Plus, I don’t know whether appropriate ke x, but it sure made ikan happy at night., hehehe

 

 

6 comments:

Nur Farhana Aminuddin said...

JM!fantastic...dah bace almost heaven?aghhhh..i am so jealous of u lah!kat kelantan ni susah nak cari buku JM..anyway u should try jodi picoult's book.setanding dengan JM.tp bkn citer romantic ke historic ke..lbh kpd family..but awesome!

Unknown said...

hahaha... best la tp (aqish tone) this hobby make u tidoq lambat aaa every nite...

aisyah said...

hanna- i'm just starting to read JM, rasanye dah bali almost heaven. but im reading my 3rd JM- Tender Triumph- her 1st book being succefukly published. i just finished someone to watch over me and it was menarik as well, cume in the beginning tu a bit boring. x sabarnye nak bace semua!!! (hahah suara seorang addict)

abah- i tido lambat when the chapter is addictive enuff. kalau initial2 chapter tu bolh je tidoq awai :). i'll try to limit my readings sampai 12am je ok? but u have to understand.. its REALLY hard. :)

shazzain said...

Wow bestnyer..I like that feeling when u can't put down the book...i shall start reading them..thanks for the recomendations! :D

I only read books yg orang recommend, malas nak waste time carik sendiri...nanti sendri sakit ati..haha

napish said...

hek hek..aku baca JM books masa form 5 weh! Bukan kita semua gila JM ke masa f5? Anyway, if you have any title in particular, aku leh cari kat flea market@cyber..ada cheap 2nd hand book..JM selalu ada

aisyah said...

shaz, i always love a good novel, x berat sgt but still exciting.

nori, yupp, aku ade ingat pernah bace JM dulu tapi lagi syiok sekarang sbb- i) bila lagi aku buleh membaca kan? sekolah dulu baca buku manjang... sekarang asek ngadap komputer je... and 2)bleh practice the romantic part ngan ikan.. hahahah
lagi pun, dulu, aku x appreciate the author. la ni, i can appreciate her collections sumer. btw, yupp, aku tgh tunggu Paradise fom Kino, kalau ko dapat dulu and cheaper.. alhamdulillah!