Monday, December 12, 2011

Mak ai, Jelai tu amek jauh.

yesterday, me and family plus my PIL went to a wedding kenduri in Jelai. They're relatives of mine- from my dad's side. BangKalang (we call him)- the father of the groom really looks like my dad. i mean, seriously. they can pass off as siblings! where in actual my dad was his uncle. it was kinda strange looking at him. its like my dad is still around. the same grin. huh~~ miss my dad lohh.

anyway, Jelai is soooooo far! its like a far far away kingdom. hahahaha sorry, if anyone is from there.
i remembered when i was a kid, i didnt like to go there. solely because of the distance. its like, you sleep, you wake up and you sleep again and  you wake up again, and still you havent arrived yet. not even waking up to a view!

all that crap paragraph up there, all just want to tell you i went to a great distance for a kenduri.

another part of my story is.. how greatful and proud i am to have such a wonderful guy as a husband. (aik? camne from kenduri leh sampai ke ikan??)

i am a ....hmmm.. what do you call those people yang x amek peduli sgt pasal pengorbanan orang and is in their own world- looking at their own comfort? ohh...yes, SELFISH.

well, albeit embarassing, yes. i am selfish. unless it suits my comfort, i dont usually go to kenduris.. especially those far far away and the journey involves routes with no telephone signal. (go figure!)

BUT, my hubs has this policy with kenduri kawen sedara mara.. he takes it VERY seriously. especially where in this case, the relative (mind you- MY side of relative) came from his far far away home and blessed ours (Kakmah's recently- but he never missed any of our kenduris, even when it was clear he was sick. and on motorcycle some more!). i am very grateful i have relatives like these. but, me being me, i dont usually go out from my comfort zone and voluntarily go there, you know? i am that shallow.

but i am glad my hubs insisted to go (even with the packings and movings and da di das)..
and today, eventhough my body aches and i am terribly sleepy, i am very glad i went. i had a great time. despite the raining. i trully enjoyed my day yesterday.

thanks Bangkalang and KakLang for inviting.
thanks my dear husband for insisting and driving.
thanks my PIL for accompanying and babysitting.

i am suddenly proud of myself.

No comments: