Monday, July 4, 2011

reading... strikes again!

So.. back to books.. I was actually in reading hiatus for some time. Not so from buying them tho…

Anyway, its back. Ikan hates it when I get all excited and emo with some particular books.. he’ll put on his ‘ok, I’ll try to understand face’ and I think, secretly wished I finish without asking his opinion. Hahah, yes, I understand you, babe!

 

Nevertheless, I need someone to ‘bebel’ on what I found from a book. There. That’s my justification.

 

So, I’m discarding my romance shelves and digging into classics nowadays. And, though I tried to avoid male authors (sebab x suka this one short story by Gisham…) I took up (and surprisingly enjoyed) a book by Narayan. I read ‘The Painter of Signs’, which he wrote in 1976 (at the age of 70, ok!!) and I liked it. Deep thinking after finishing the story tho (which I hate to do after reading…) but I was intrigued to know more about him and to read ALL of his books (same case of JM and SEP).

 
I don’t know whether I’ll succeed in finding all of his books or not.. or maybe, he’ll turned out to be like Jane Austen (I read 2 of her books, distracted by the 2005 movie of PnP-[MacFadyen is sooooooo Darcy!] and never returned to her books, how sad…). But I cant wait to read his first 3 novels (Swami & Friends, Bachelors of Art and The English Teacher), mainly because I wanted to read the latter, to understand his grief when his wife of 6 years died.. (oh well, there goes my secret. I’m such a sucker for human (read: love) relationships- he didn’t re-married, how romantic!) oh, oh!! I also want to read Grandmother’s Tales because it was a true story, and it was mentioned in The Painter of Signs.

 

Sighs~~~ there it goes again.. my agony in finding books. Tho most bibliophile has its own standards of collection, mine (I don’t see myself as a bibliophile, but as to collecting books…) I just want them with me, no matter how un-uniformly it looks on the bookshelf, as long as I can get it CHEAP. Lol!

 

 

P.S. I don’t know anyone (among my frens, I mean…) yet who like/read Narayan.

I wish to mangadu domba of my feelings with you. Hehehe. And my mangadu domba is soo female like, so my wish is simply a GIRLfriend who reads him too. Please, please tell me!

 

No comments: